Thursday, February 13, 2014

February 13, 2014 Insane Wine Infused Ramblings "What in a Word? (or a few)"


    I'm incredibly glad there aren't any Ancient Mayans, or any Ancient Egyptians around anymore. If there were, I'm sure they'd be screaming at me. I've been transcribing what I can for my current book.



    Egypt Rising deals with Earth's origins, so our early languages will play a large part in it.



    Of course, there's a great deal of guessing, too. (Hey, I'm working by the seat of my pants, here)! But since I won't be using hieroglyphs, it's even harder. I need to turn the symbols into readable English. Yeah, ugh.



    I've seen "Lord" in Mayan as Ajaw or Ahaw. I had to pick one.



    So, the reasoning here is pick the one I like the best and will fit into the story better. It's a toss of the dice, kinda like pot luck.




    On to pet info. Did you know that cats and dogs can trace their lineage back to the ancient world? An Egyptian Goddess was in the image of the cat, Bastet. Ancient Egyptian Mau.


                         Ancient Mayan dog Xoloitzcuintli



No comments:

Post a Comment