Monday, November 11, 2013

November 11, 2013November 11, 2013

     I've been told by my boss that I think and talk about the weather much too often. I love the warm weather, the sunshine, laying by the pool or by the ocean. I realize that living in the Hamptons only allows me a very short summer season to get all is accomplished. I make a joke and tell everyone that I need to change my latitude. Why don't I move? Of course there are couple of reasons. The job market being one of them.
     I shouldn't complain. It is November after all, and Sunday and Monday were abnormally warm and pleasant. Of course, the pools are closed, and I'm sure as hell not going into the ocean. On a beautiful day off day like today, I had the pleasure of giving my two dogs a bath. Oh joy… I count my lucky stars that they are both small. It's much easier and quicker to give two small dogs a bath, then it would be to give one giant dog a bath. And there's less damage to your bathroom. 
     Unfortunately, my one dog has severe allergies in the spring and in the fall. That being said, the amount of hair that accumulated the bottom of my shower today could have stuffed a pillow. It was a miracle he still had hair left on his body after I finished toweling him off and brushing him. 
     The whole process took less than a half an hour, but it always traumatizes him. This poor dog has been sleeping the rest of the day. He woke up briefly to have dinner, but he's out like a light again. Poor thing. What does it say about our environment when so many animals, and people suffer this much from allergies? I can't help but wonder what were doing to ourselves, but that's another rant. In the meantime, I'll continue to torture my animals twice a month. I must admit to feeling a little selfish, because I've been dog free for at least five hours. For those of you that own pets, you know what that's like. I suppose I should vacuum up all this dog hair, but I'm afraid to wake him up.

No comments:

Post a Comment