Tuesday, November 19, 2013

November 19, 2013 Insane Wine Infused Ramblings


    I was all fired up this morning about advertising on TV, but the hours have passed and I'm not as pissed as I was. Perhaps I can discuss this issue with a tad more coherency now. 

   I have a full time job that I like, (it's the whole working thing I could do without). I'm a certified pet nutritionist. I take great pride in giving people the best advice I can for the health of their pets. If I don't know the answer to something, I spend my own time searching for a plausible answer.  

   Remember the saying, "truth in advertising"? Well, it might have existed many years ago, but don't believe ANYTHING you see on TV now. As a retail business person, I understand you need to get people interested in whatever you're offering. What's the harm in juicing it up a bit. A bit? Nothing wrong with that, but that's not how it works now-a-days.

   As a consumer, I need to be skeptical. Most pet food companies that advertise on TV are pure garbage, with Beneful being the biggest offender. Just look at the package with all those scrumptious ingredients! YUMMY... Not. Read the back and you'll see there's not real food in it at all. It's all a lie. But it gets bought out of the strength of their advertising. 
    

   There are a number of healthy pet foods out there, but I saw such a disturbing erroneous piece of information this morning, that I almost spit out my coffee! Does the company even know that the ad is so far south of correct? I don't know if they do, but I know, and it amazes me that it's filling the ears of unsuspecting consumers out there. 

   OK, rant over! Keep your pets safe and feed them well!

No comments:

Post a Comment