Friday, November 29, 2013

November 29, 2013 Insane Wine Infused Ramblings



    I hope everyone had a pleasant Thanksgiving. I had a blast! Spending time with family is wonderful, as they are totally tuned to your sense of humor. Private jokes... Shared memories... Or, knowing what someone is thinking before they say it. What a day! And to make it even better, there was 10 hours of Mystery Science Theater 3000! I laughed so hard yesterday, my belly hurt.



    There's just something about humor that makes you feel good, right? Not everyone has the same sense of humor, so it's magical when your with people who "get you". I like simple humor. Puns... Deadpan... Highbrow/Slapstick... Wit, or Wisecracking. My flavor isn't for the faint of heart, and the sound of laughter that emanates from my mouth is loud and piercing.


Don't even bother to ask me how many times I've seen Monty
Python. I can recite some episodes word for word. (Hum... How did
I spend my time when I was young?) Of course, my fascination with the hysterical wasn't restricted to the TV. I sat next to the stereo for hours and listened to some crazy albums over and over, until I could say the routines by heart.


Yet, the funniest show I ever saw was the series staring Leslie Nielson. Airplane was a laugh a minute, but if anyone ever saw Police Squad, then you knew funny. And it was on weekly. Who wouldn't love that! Every week, they had a guest star, but they were killed in the first 30 seconds. You looked forward to it to see who was going to die!



Not many will share my sense of humor, and that's OK. I know 
I'm strange. And I've come to terms with that. When you get to my age, you realize things are what they are, and I'm not going to change. So, let me leave you with some Mitch Hedberg.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment