Thursday, November 14, 2013

November 14, 2013

     I have been doing this now for only 6 days, but with all this talking about my thoughts, I feel a bit narcissistic. That's not unusual, as I'm a firm believer of my great self-importance, even if only to myself. Tonight, I'd like to toot someone else's horn. There's a new up-and-coming band out in the Hamptons; Dune Local.
    Today, they were featured in the Southampton Press, in the Arts and Living section. There are four members in the band; bassist Chris Hamilton, guitarist Austin Quinn, drummer John Loestscher, and vocalist Tristeen Caravella. 
    The group has a hard time defining their sound -- high energy alternative rock with reggae and hip-hop influences. They just signed with East Hampton based MonkMusic Records recording label, run by Cynthia Daniels, a double Grammy Award winner.
    I think they're gonna be big! They're playing out and about, and you can catch their next show if you check their Facebook page or ReverbNation. Check 'em out if you like to rock!

https://www.facebook.com/DuneLocal

http://www.reverbnation.com/dunelocal/songs 

No comments:

Post a Comment