Tuesday, November 26, 2013

November 26, 2013 Insane Wine Infused Ramblings


    I want to ask a question of everyone out there in the wind... I'm sure there are many of you who have written more than one book. What I want to know is while you're writing... Does the next book idea push it's way into your mind INCESSANTLY? 


    It makes me crazy! How about one idea at a time? HUM? But NO!!!!!! At least half way through my current manuscript, I must stop and jot down notes, so I don't forget what I won't be writing until months from now. Am I the only one this happens to?

Give me a break, will ya?

There's nothing I can do when this happens, except grab a pen,
or my iPhone and record my thoughts. I have found my                  
characters to be incredibly insistent! Heaven forbid I want to go    
to bed. That's not allowed, at least, not until I get the thoughts out.


I've heard of getting in touch with your inner feelings, but this
is ridiculous. Don't get me wrong, I thank my lucky stars that I don't
suffer from writers block. I can't even imagine what that would be  
like. I've gotten so used to having company inside my own head.  
           
It's not that bad. I've learned how to carry on a conversation 
with other people, while the individuals inside my head rap their    knuckles against my skull, trying to get my attention. I'm just an innocent bystander in my life of novel writing. Someone else is in charge. Don't ask me who, as they always change.                       
             
                       (Thank goodness they're friendly!)                           
       



No comments:

Post a Comment