Monday, December 16, 2013

December 16, 2013 Insane Wine Infused Ramblings "To Eat or Not to Eat"


    I finally know why all editors wear glasses. After a day of staring at black words on a white background, I'm even blinder than I was before, (or is it more blind)? By now, I'm clueless, and a bit giddy, not in a good way. In a "put a jacket on, that crosses my arms around my back" kinda way. 



    My days off are all about resting my body, but my mind works at light speed. Not that intelligent correctness corresponds with light speed thinking. In fact, it doesn't correspond with sub-light speed, either. Which is how my brain usually works. Drop in a glass of plum wine and watch it crawl across the rug... Pretty fibers!


    
    I can get sidetracked easily. See? i flick the screen an was just about to go back to editing my manuscript, until I remembered I was writing my blog. Doh! It's one of the reasons why no plants that pass my threshold survive. They can't remind me to water them. Good thing my daughter learned how to speak before she was a year old!



    Nevertheless, she survived. And my dogs are fine, as well. Another caveat, I may forget to go to bed, but I never forget to feed myself, at least twice a day. I get the required 5 hours of sleep a night. OH, we need 8 hours of sleep a night? Nah... I don't think so.



    Sleep deprived? Moi? I function at optimal efficiency. Sort of. With Christmas swiftly approaching, I thought I'd spread some holiday cheer. I'm a fan of the pun, so every day till Christmas, I'll post something I find hysterical. Tonight's pun:



    And for my dog related post, I thought I'd talk about dry food vs wet, vs raw. Dry food is high in protein and fat, but it's processed and cooked, which necessitates adding vitamins and minerals back into the small kibble. Wet is 78% moisture, which is water. No nutritional value in water, so 20% is fiber, protein, and fat. Each 13 oz can has approximately 300-400 calories. Not a lot. Raw is truly the best choice, but requires some forethought. It's not high in protein, or fat, but just right. So, think about what works best for you and your pet!



    

No comments:

Post a Comment