Friday, December 6, 2013

December 6, 2013 Insane Wine Infused Ramblings

  
    I was out last night, so no DAILY DOSE. I know, I know... If I don't do it every day, how can it be called the DAILY DOSE? Don't get caught in the details, folks. I went to a Regal theater and saw "Santa Clause conquers the Martians". It's the old hosts of Mystery Science Theater 3000, riffing on a really bad movie. I watched it years ago on TV, and now it's back in the movies, so I HAD to go.



    Hours of straight laughter. There's nothing better than laughing your ass off to make the rest of your life seem small. No problems, no worries, just the loss of breath, only to be caught, then lost again. I'm sure people in the theater thought I was nuts. I laugh EXTREMELY loud. It's just who I am.



    I think humor keeps you young. I can only hope, cuz time keeps marching on. Against my will, mind you. I have come to terms that there's nothing I can do about it. My boss' favorite line is, "Don't want to get old? What's the alternative? Every day above ground..." OK, so I don't want to stop getting older THAT way.



    As time progresses, our perception of it changes, as well. Remember when you were a kid, it took FOREVER to get any where in the family car, or if you were waiting for a birthday, days went by so slowly? Now, weeks whiz by.



    Don't blink! You might miss it. I wish I was able to travel, but that just wasn't how my life played itself out. I have always gotten to see this world and others, not yet discovered within the pages of books. Now, I can travel with Google Maps. I go to my favorite place often, and watch the surf caress the shore, via web cams.



                                Someday, Maui, someday...

No comments:

Post a Comment