Wednesday, December 18, 2013

December 18, 2013 Insane Wine Infused Ramblings "Life... It gets in the way"


    This time of year seems to draw out thoughts of life, the whole year, and many years before. Do things ever go as we planned them back when we all graduated high school? Not mine. Well, did I even have a plan? Only tentatively. I had a crazy plan to move to New York and work for Marvel Comics. I turned in some art, got back a reply to change my format and re-submit. As life happens, it didn't work pout that way. By that time, I was already a parent.



    So, making as much money as I could became my focus. And I did the best I could. My daughter never went without, (for the most part), but I didn't have the mindset for illustration. What I do miss, is my boat. I had other plans to sail away and live on the fly. We would sail from marina to marina and find temp work. As a bartender, or handyman, or some such thing for a week or two, then sail away again. It could have been wonderful, but my partner decided at the last minute, it was too risky. What if we couldn't find a job? How would we live without money?




   I would have found a way! I lived on that boat for 2 years. It was the most fun I've had in my life! I wasn't much of a sailor, but I would have learned. I motored the boat just fine! I don't know if I can explain what it was like to wake up every morning to the sun touching the water's horizon line. WOW... Just, WOW.



    It was breathtaking! The wind caressed your skin as the boat barely moved. That's the beautiful thing about a catamaran. Stability. It was so easy to maneuver. Even the dogs loved sailing topside. I could have done it for years to come, but it wasn't to be. It's OK. I'm still happy, sort of. At least I have some pictures.
    
   Well, enough of my musing... On to Christmas puns!


    I just love puns! But tonight's Pet Corner is all about safe toys. I'm sure no one will leave their pet out for present opening on Christmas, so a few things to consider: Buy size appropriate. If you have a BIG dog, buy a big toy, or chew, or whatever. If you get a small toy for a cat, make sure the dog doesn't get it. We need to make the holiday season run smoothly.


No comments:

Post a Comment