Saturday, December 21, 2013

December 21, 2013 Insane Wine Infused Ramblings "Bad Dog"


    As the days creep closer to Christmas, I can't help but wonder how we get to December so swiftly. Each year seems to speed by. Yet, I can't ever get ahead. (I must be moving in reverse). I hope if I put one foot in front of the other, I'll eventually beat time. Before it beats me!



    I'm afraid if I go to bed, I'll wake up like Rip Van Winkle! Hey, it could happen! Well, maybe not. I've been reading too many fantasy books, or writing them. During this time of year, I spend a lot of time at work. Christmas in retail and all. You wouldn't think pets hold a high place in Christmas hierarchy, but they do. Most shopping is done last minute, because people shop for their family first. Yet, cat and dog won't be forgotten on Christmas morning.



    If everyone's opening presents, pets can have something, as well. I know a few people who's dogs actually rip open the packages. My dogs would have no idea what to do with a wrapped package. Even though I think of then as "Devil Dogs", they really are well behaved when it comes to things that don't belong to them.



    I can leave food on my low tables or chairs and they won't touch it. I can't say that when company comes over. Bring someone new into the house with a plate of food on their lap, and ALL bets are off. My guys know a sucker when they see one. I am the Alpha in my home, as far as rules go. what can and can NOT be done. Where I run into trouble is if I want to DO something to my male dog. 
    His list is: don't touch my feet, my ears, my butt, wipe my eyes, clip my nails, brush me, give me a bath, dry me with a towel... You see? Quite a list.



    Yes, that's what Anubis looks like, when he's pushed too far. Not that I give up. On the contrary... I do what I can by myself, then get help for the other things I can't do, without another person. We go to the groomers once a week to get his nails clipped. I don't mind, it has to get done. His nails grow so fast.


                                        (not his nails)
    There's something wrong with him. His body has never stopped growing either. He's over 7 years old. Every time I take him out, people stop me and tell me how beautiful he is. I say, "yes, thank you. It's his only redeeming quality."



     Enough about my crazy dog. On to Christmas Puns!!!!



    One last thought about your pets and Christmas. Make sure small knickknacks are out of reach, along with most holiday plants. Cats and dogs just love to snack on greens, and some are extremely toxic. You don't want to make a trip to the emergency hospital!

  


    

No comments:

Post a Comment